AUSTRALIA POST STUDY WORK PERMIT
“Stay in touch with the latest news and announcements about studying with Australia”.
The intention to extend post-study work rights was announced in late 2022. The list of relevant degrees has now been released, based on recommendations to the Government by a group of industry experts.Extended post-study work rights are intended for international students graduating with degrees linked to workforce shortages in Australia.
Under the Temporary Graduate Work visa (subclass 485), the post-study ‘stay and work’ period for eligible graduates of listed qualifications will increase, as follows:
¶ Four years for Bachelor degree graduates, up from two years previously.
¶ Five years for Master degree graduates, up from three years previously.
¶ Six years for doctoral graduates, up from four years previously.
1 .You hold a Temporary Graduate visa (Post-Study Work stream) on 1 July 2023.
2. You have lodged an application for a Temporary Graduate visa (Post-Study Work stream) by 1 July 2023, or
3.You lodge an application for a Temporary Graduate visa (Post-Study Work stream) after 1 July 2023.
1. A two-year extension of post-study work rights is available for international graduates with select degrees that are in areas of verified skill shortage.
2. This extension will give eligible international higher education graduates an additional two years on their Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
3. The extension is in addition to the existing additional one to two years of work rights for eligible students who study, live and work in regional areas.
Unrestricted hours for aged care workers:
The Australian Government has also announced that student visa holders already working in the aged care sector on 9 May 2023 can continue to work unrestricted hours in the aged care sector until 31 December 2023.
you must continue to balance your study and work commitments even though there is flexibility in the number of hours you can work. You must still:
1. maintain your course enrolment
- 2. ensure satisfactory course attendance.
- 3. ensure satisfactory course progress.